Monday, May 25, 2009

Etsy Inspired and Sheetload card.


Well, here it is, my second time doing the Etsy-Inspired Challenge, and darned if I didn't do another fruit card. Sorry, I love fruit, and I haven't used these stamps in a long time.

Anyway, this week's challenge (#37) is sunbasilgarden, which makes really cute soaps. Many of the design team were inspired by the flower soap, and I wanted to do something different. So, my inspiration was the watermelon soap (which seems to have disappeared from the site -- maybe it looked yummy to lots of people?)

The layout for my card comes from the May Sheetload of Cards sketch. This month's sketch included a scrapling, which are always fun to do.

Sentiment is from Purple Onion, the watermelon is another old stamp I've had for ages. The watermelon is stamped on watercolor paper with StaZon, then colored with watercolor crayons. I used a Fiskars border punch, and the gingham ribbon came from a yard sale where I bought tons of old ribbon (some actually useable) from a little old lady. The black half beads are from Hobby Lobby.



2 comments:

  1. Love your fruity card! Thanks for playing along! I love the scrapling too! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love fruit too, it's so summery and happy! Thanks so much for playing our challenge this week, it means so much to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts