Tuesday, August 18, 2009

This one just grew



This is one of those cards that started out one way and ended up totally different. The inspiration is Etsy Inspired Challenge #49, an Etsy shop called MelissaKate. Melissa Kate makes cards and prints. I chose this pretty original painting of tulips for my inspiration piece. I was thinking of doing my card in red and white, until. ...I realized the tulips in the painting are pink.
Plus, I had purchased a pack of Making Memories papers on clearance at Michael's and it had this cool die-cut paper that I thought would look good on the Card Positioning Sketch #129. It was silver, which would work with pink, so the color scheme ended up pink, silver, black and white.
This is what I came up with. True it doesn't look much like the inspiration, but it does have pink tulips.
The tulip stamp is by Endless Creations. I colored it with markers, spritzed with water and stamped in on watercolor paper to give it a painterly quality. The tulip pieces are edged with silver. So is the edge of the die-cut. The ribbon is from Target and the little pearls in the corner are from Flourishes.



2 comments:

  1. Really nice pearls. Love your take on the CPS sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! I really like the shape of the die cut you used! Very nice! Thanks for playing the EtsyInspired challenge with us this week, it means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts