Monday, January 25, 2010

EIC 72, SFTW

This week's Etsy Inspired Challenge #72 is Sweetie Pie TuTus, which sells adorable little tutus for adorable little girls. I'm sure I would have loved one of these when I was little, and they are still fun to look at. I was partly inspired by the colors, so I'll call this pink and green one my one inspiration piece, but the entire site is so girly that the girlyness sort of was the real inspiration to my card.

I combined the Etsy Challenge with the Stamping For the Weekend sketch, which worked out perfectly here.

The Sweetie Pie store just called for sweet stamps, and I don't own anything cuter and sweeter than this plate of Michelle Perkett designs from Faerie Song Art Stamps. I did a little "out of the box" cutting, so her legs are poking out of the circle. The papers are from a Marcella K stack. The ribbon is this incredible double-sided peach and pale green that I picked up for 10 cents at a yard sale. (That's probably what the woman paid for it new about 50 years ago). The ribbon is a little fragile -- it's probably just been sitting around that woman's sewing room for decades -- but I love the color combo.

4 comments:

  1. This is a really lovely card Sandy! Thanks for joining us at SFTW and good luck :o) Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, so pretty! Love your inspiration piece(s)! Perfect for the EtsyInspired Challenge this week! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute I love the colour combo too and that ribbon is beautiful what a great find :D
    Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

    X Amy X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Michelle Perkett's images too:O) Your card is so beautiful, Sandy. Lovely colours, and those ribbons are brilliant. Cute image.
    Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
    Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts