Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Rose among thorns


It has been busy, busy, busy for me. Looks like it took a 3-day weekend for me to finally make it to my stamping supplies. I combined several challenges to take advantage of the rare stamping opportunity.

The colors are inspired by this week's Off the Wall Craftiness Challenge, OTWC23. As you can see the inspiration photo, the colors were deep red, a medium blue and black. I'm finally learning how to handle color challenges -- my first impulse is always to use LOTS of each color, and that hardly ever works. This is a less is more kind of challenge.

The image is inspired by this week's Etsy Inspired store, Glamasaurus, which features unique jewelry -- some fun, some vintage, some glamorous. My card for EIC104 was inspired by these rose ear studs.

The sketch is CPS sketch #183. The actual sketch features lots and lots of horizontal lines, but I pared it down to the 4 lines of sentiment and two lines of ribbon. Less was more, here, too.

Rose stamp is from Inkadinkadoo. Sentiment is an old one from SU that I've been using a lot lately, cause I like the thought behind it. Accessories include white eyelets and thin silk ribbon.

7 comments:

  1. So simple yet so beautiful! Love your colors and details! Thanks for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the color combo!

    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC and good look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you did the ribbon ... beautiful inspired card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome Sandy!!! Love your lacings! :) Thanks for playing and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo pretty!!!!! Love colors and the quote!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts