Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Watercolor inspired


I've been playing with my watercolor crayons after being inspired to pull them out for this week's Etsy Inspired Challenge. I think I need to spend a lot of time playing with them to get a good understanding of what they can do, but I'm relatively happy with this Etsy-spired piece.

This week's Etsy store (EIC123) is Nanny's Room, owned by an Arizona artist who works mainly in watercolors. I was inspired by this pendant of her's, and after doing lots of hunting among my collection of floral images, decided this one from Stampin Up's Nature's Wonders set gave me the space I needed to try blending some water colors.

Rope border, a few graduated half pearls and a tiny bit of piercing finish it off.

3 comments:

  1. Your coloring is wonderful! Such a pretty card...thanks for playing with EIC this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great watercoloring on this one! You did a beautiful job on this challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful watercoloring! I love this!

    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts