Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mixed media? Me? Really?


This week's featured store for the Etsy Inspired Challenge (EIC129) is called Desired Things, and it's a shop full of mixed media items such as jewelry. The artist uses fabric, beads, shrink plastic and other media, along with paint, stamping and other decorative items to create some very appealing and unusual necklaces, bracelets and pins.

Well, collage doesn't come easily to me, but this shop really inspired me to try something that is just the tiniest bit different. Using this lovely broach as inspiration, I started by brayering pink and lavender ink on glossy paper, then siver embossed the dragonflies. The purple panel is embossed with a script folder. The black strip is a piece of screening material left over from when we changed out the screens on the porch (I guess that's the "mixed media" part).

I used the layout from this week's Card Positioning System sketch (CPS208).

Dragonflies from Inkadinkadoo; sentiment from Impression-Obsession.

1 comment:

  1. Love the embossing. Very pretty. So glad to see you playing along with us at Etsy Inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts