Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bro




May is a big birthday month in our family, so this is a good month to find inspiration for birthday cards. I made this birthday card for my brother, thanks to inspiration from a couple of challenges. I used the same printed papers as for a father's day card I made, so I guess the Father's Day card goes to my FIL -- not that I seriously think my dad and brother would notice the similarities in papers. (Would yours?)


The sailboat inspiration is from this week's Etsy Challenge (EIC137). The shop is Imagine Studio, and it sells some amazing art prints. I took my inspiration from this one of three boats.
The layout is this week's Mojo sketch, MOJO189.


Finally, this qualifies for this week's Magical Monday Challenge, to make a birthday card.


Supplies: Stamps -- Stampin Up and CTMH. Ink -- Momento Tuxedo Black; colored pencils and OMS, border punch, red bakers twine, tiny ruby faux gems.


2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card. Love the gingham and that fun border. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, love the colors and embellies. thanks for playing with us at PaperCupcakes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts