Monday, June 6, 2011

Masculine cards

Woot, woot. I'm the guest designer this month for Paper Cupcakes and the Magical Monday Challenge, found at There's Magic in the Air.  This week's challenge is to create a masculine card.
My card features the Paper Cupcakes image "On the Road Again." I did a little "out of the box treatment" with the front tire and exhaust coming out the back when I cut the image out with nesties.
The striped paper is from the Safari Kids collection
from Die Cuts with a View, and I used coordinating solids from my stash. The image is colored with pencils, and there's some Glossy Accents on the frog's eyes. My favorite detail on this card is the hubcabs -- I had these fun beads in my embellishment box, and they fit perfectly -- it seemed like a good "masculine embellishment."
The tickets are also from Paper Cupcakes -- the set is called Summer Tickets and there are tons of different designs on the file. They are great fun.
Head on over to There's Magic in the Air. The blog features a free digi image every week.  Additionally, all cards posted for the challenge are entered in a random draw for two free Paper Cupcake images of your choice.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This is great! Enjoy your designer-ship. You'll get lots more blog traffic--"this is a good thing" [to quote my 10 yr old Grandson]--I know I have!!!
    Diane
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/
    Simply Create Design Team

    PS I'm now one of your Followers--love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sandy!! And love the card and 'tires'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, sorry it has taken me so long to get around to give you a BIG thank you for being our Guest Designer this month. I just love what you did with this image and what fun those tickets are and how perfect too!! Perfect masculine card!! Just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts