Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bright and cheerful flowers

     Outside, it's about 97 degrees and any flowers in my yard are wilting. But in my stamp room, I can make them as perky, bright and cheerful as I want.
     This card was inspired by this week's teapot at Mother Mark's Teapot Tuesday.  Usually I get inspired by Cindy's fun stories, rather than the actual teapot, but this teapot was so cute, I couldn't resist translating it to card form.
      The flowers and leaves are from an SU set, and I've lost track of where the bee is from (probably a grab bag of some sort or another). I arranged them close to how they appear on the teapot and colored with pencils.  The yellow layer went thru the Cuttlebug with the Swiss dot folder, and since the bottom of the card "needed something," it got half pearls.  
     The ribbon came from Mike's a few years ago -- it was among the Christmas clearance ribbon, and I was grabbing anything that didn't look "too Christmasy."
      The Victorine Stamps challenge is back, and this card is for Challenge #12 -- using flowers.
Stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts