Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cats Rule

     The theme of this week's Teapot Tuesday challenge is Diva Cats.  The layout is the current sketch from Card Patterns (#140)
     This cat stamp from A Muse seemed perfect -- the crown, or tiara, really seemed to capture the idea of a diva. The cat is stamped in Colorbox Chalk Yellow Cadmium ink, and additional ink is sponged around the circle. I always have ginger cats, and this color is pretty close to that of my current cat.
      To emphasize the diadem, I colored it in with a Spica pen and added gemstones. (Somewhere in my stash are tiny green gemstones that I intended to use and that would be perfect. Of course, I couldn't locate them.)
      The sentiment is computer-generated, and the little heart/paw stamp is from All Night Media. I used markers to ink it up so I could get two colors on it.
     The patterned paper was a gift, so I don't know the origin. Twine is Martha Stewart baker's twine. Border punch is labeled Recollections (I don't know anything about the company, but this punch works really well, although it could be because it's fairly new.)

2 comments:

  1. What a creative card - great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOK at these scrumptious colors and TERRIFIC use of Card Patterns sketch - THIS is fabulous! THANKS for sharing your talent with Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts