Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Silver and Gold...

     I just can't believe it's only a little over two weeks until Christmas. I haven't bought a single gift. In fact, I have no idea what to buy. And the tree is up but not completely decorated yet. I really need to get moving on this.
     I was inspired to make a Christmas-themed card, at least. This is based on the current sketch at Card Patterns (#144). I'm quite pleased with how this came out and how the dark shades of red and green work with the metallic elements.  I used up my last scrap of that "merry Christmas" paper for this and it was the basis for the color choices.
     The Christmas tree (Impression-Obsession) is silver-embossed on dark green and has an "out of the box" cut with the star on top. It's matted on a metallic silver scalloped oval. I wrapped gold metallic cording around the printed paper and tied it with a silver bow in a thicker cording. (The silver and gold trim  make this eligible for the current Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge, RRR 37; silver and gold ribbon/trim.) And everything is on a maroon base.
    

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, and I know how you feel, I need to get my cards addressed! I'm just now baking! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! LOVE your tree! Thanks for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts