Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cleaner technique

      That's cleaner as in "I used a cleaning product" on it, not that it has less dirt than the average technique.
      The card began its life several weeks ago, when I tried to do a Virtual Stamp Night challenge to use the salted background technique (apply reinker to glossy cardstock, spritz with water and sprinkle on salt). I wasn't pleased with the results, so I washed off the salt and spritzed the inked background with spray Lysol cleaner, which creates a wonderful splatter background. I've only tried a few cleaners on this technique, but I don't think any particular brand is needed. It's probably some basic ingredient in spray cleaners that works its magic this way. If you have some other brand, try it and let us know if it works!
      The resulting design on the paper reminded me of a snowy night, hence this card.  I stamped the tree, then used a white gel pen to add the accumulated snow in the branch joints.  The sentiment features a TJ tecnhique called spirelli -- I found embroidery floss that matched the purple paper and used two strands to get what looked like the perfect weight for that technique.

      The layout here is the sketch that is current challenge at Victorine Originals (VO25).

The details: Trees by Posh Impressions; Sentiment by Hobby Lobby. White gel pen, embroidery floss, Oval and scalloped oval nesties.

1 comment:

  1. Great card and love your technique. Thanks for playing with the sketch challenge over at VO.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts