Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Birthday Fun

Like most stampers, I assume, I have lots of birthday images and sentiments, because I make a lot of birthday cards.  So I was delighted to have a chance to use some of the smaller images with this layout from Card Patterns (sketch 153).  Even better, this is for Teapot Tuesday at SCS, which is collecting birthday cards the staff of a children's hospital can give to kids who are in the hospital on their birthday. The collection is the idea of a 9-year-old who was in the hospital for serious surgery and wanted to thank the staff. Don't you love it when kids do that?

Each image is clear embossed and punched with a one-inch square punch.  I alternated images and bright blank squares because I thought too many little images would just be distracting.  To be clever, I used baker's twine as a string on the balloon (the stamp is wierdly stringless, and I wanted to be sure kids knew what it was). Normally I wouldn't use black on a kid's card, but it really brings out the brights and that way I didn't have to worry about additonal colors clashing with the squares.

I'm not even sure where most of these images come from. The cupcake and sentiment are from Clearly Defined, the others are random unmounteds.  The inks are all from Colorbox's Petal Point Primary Colors (pigment ink) and are clear embossed.

1 comment:

  1. Super cute birthday card, perfect for a kid! I love the way you alternated the images with the solid colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts