Thursday, June 7, 2012

Not too girly, I hope

When I first tried this card, I used the biggest circle nesties I have for the half circles, but they weren't nearly big enough. I ended up going old school -- tracing circular objects and cutting them by hand.  I figured the scallop scissors would disguise the less-than-perfect cuts.
The sketch here is Card Patterns Sketch #168.  The card is also for There's Magic In the Air's three in a row challenge -- the blog posted a 3-by-3 grid with each square containing a different element; we have to pick three in any tic-tac-toe-style line. My line is lace, flowers and brads.  ( I assume the flowers in the image count!)
The details:
Stamp:  Hero Arts
Ink:  Chestnut Roan chalk
Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up.
Lace and brads, unknown.


1 comment:

  1. A really cute and clever take on the sketch Sandy and I love the sweet color combo for these cute little owls. Thanks so much for joining us at TIMITA/Paper Cupcakes this fortnight. Good Luck!
    Danie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts