Tuesday, December 11, 2012

a more elegant Christmas

White-on-white embossing always strikes me as quite elegant, and I hope it adds a touch of that to this card. I added a few pearls to increase that feeling.

This card is based on this weeks sketch for 365 Cards, #284.

The ornament is an extra from a previous card I made.  I silver-embossed the sentiment and cut it out with nesties. (My standard "Merry Christmas" stamp was an old cheapie. It wasn't stamping properly and I thought it was warped so I decided to unmount it. It literally cracked and fell apart while I was trying to get it off. I guess the rubber had dried out. That has NEVER happened to me before, and now I have to head out to find another one).

I used the textile embossing folder to give the background a little dimension and a pattered ribbon to add a little more color.

3 comments:

  1. lovely ornament and ribbon :)Love your take on the sketch.
    Thanks for joining us over at 365cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how pretty this is and the embossing!! feels sooo elegant!! sooo glad to see you this week at 365 Cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embossed detail, many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts