Monday, January 21, 2013

In the pink

I created this very girly card for the the BE-Inspired #20 challenge at The Alley Way Stamps.  The inspiration photo is some pink parfait-looking concoction, so pink it is. 

Images are from the Freebie files at The Alley Way site. The frosting is paper-pieced, and the candle is colored with pencils, with a little glitter pen on the flame.

Central panel is on pop dots to accommodate the different thicknesses of the ribbons. (Who knew I had so many pink ribbons?)

Sketch comes from SCS's Clean and Simple Challenge for this week.

4 comments:

  1. super cute, Sandy! thanks for playing along with us at TAWS Be Inspired:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute.. love how you added the ribbon.. Thanks for joining us at The Alley Way Stamps... Be Inspired Challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge fan of paper-piecing so I totally love this! Thanks for joining us at TAWS Be Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so much fun! I love how you used the inspirational photo.. thanks for joining with us for The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired Challenge #20.. hugs
    -Ali

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts