Monday, June 10, 2013

Splattered butterflies

I didn't use to like splattered backgrounds, but I think they are starting to grow on me.  I made this splattered background for a Virtual Stamp Night challenge at SCS.  The challenge was to used watered down paint or ink to make splatters.  The ink I used was Prussian blue, which is quite dark, basically navy, but I apparently watered it down a good bit, as it ended up more like robin's egg blue and lavender.

I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday (#262) to complete the card.  I black embossed the butterflies in flight (from Inkdadinakdoo), and cut it out with an oval nestie.

I had made a bunch of the white butterflies, mixing paper that had been embossed with regular paper -- sometimes using the embossed pieces on the inner part of the wings and sometimes on the outer part. However, there really isn't enough embossing on the paper for the kind of contrast I wanted, so I just used one of the white butterflies and added a couple punched butterflies in coordinating shades.  I also added some stitching around the central oval.


1 comment:

  1. Love the butterfly images and the gorgeous shade of blue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts