Thursday, October 31, 2013

Inspired by a book

I have been reading "Z," which is about Zelda Fitzgerald, wife of F.Scott Fitzgerald. She was sort of the quintessential flapper, so I went looking for a flapper image.

The image is colored with pencils and mounted on a silver Nestabilities frame.  That really fascinating bit of tinselly ribbon is something I got on clearance at one of the big box craft stores a year or two ago when they were clearing out holiday merchandise. I love scouring the holiday sales for items that could work at any time of year.  I pulled some fibers off the ribbon and used it in the die-cut button, also made from metallic card stock.

I don't know of anyone running a "flapper image challenge," so this lady is going into several "anything goes" challenges, listed below:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #104,  anything goes
Creative Inspirations Paints, anything goes
Tammy's Scrapping Corner #86, anything goes

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for playing along with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, Sandra! It's always a blessing to have you play along with us. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    I have BLOG CANDY!
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sandy this is so cute. This flapper image is darling and you have worked your magic to make this wonderful design. I got such a tickle reading that you got your inspiration from a book you are reading. I love to read too. I just finished Eat, Pray, Love-so I was thinking what I would make from inspiration from THAT book. I think it would be something from India....or Italy. How fun would that be....lol Thanks for jump starting my imagination!
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a elegant card! love the vintage image. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a wonderful vintage card. Love the fibers you have used with it. Just the perfect embellishments.

    Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Hope to see you again next week DT Crafting Vicky I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 450 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/10/giveaway-celebration-for-450-followers.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card! I love blue & silver together. The bow & tinsel are such a nice accent. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts