Friday, November 8, 2013

Paper pieced mug

I love paper piecing. It's such an easy and fun way to add color and pattern to a design.  And the images from The Alley Way Stamps, like this mug, seem to be designed for paper piecing.

The minute the weather turns cool, everyone in my family turns to their favorite hot drink. My son likes the instant apple cider, my husband goes for hot chocolate, and I go for fruit-flavored tea. What a bunch, huh?

This card is based on the layout for Sketch Saturday. In addition to paper piecing, I used an out-of-the-box cut on the image and paired around the edge of the kraft panel.  The sentiment is from Purple Onion Designs.

The card is for these challenges:

Sketch Saturday #283, sketch
Sister Act #32, Anything goes.





2 comments:

  1. Sweet card, and looks yummy on a cold morning like this! Thanks for stopping by Sister Act this week!
    Hugs-
    Trisha-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious card Sandy! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts