Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cute as a puppy

Don't you love it when you find a use for something you started then set aside? I made this paper-pieced dog a while ago and just couldn't figure out what to do with him. Finally, it came to me -- it would work in a
sketch from SCS.  I used a snippet of bright yellow from my scrap file to add an unexpected color to the card and counteract the rather dull blue background paper.  I used some gel dots as the pup's nose and in place of the "i" in the sentiment for another fun touch.

The puppy image is a freebie from The Alley Way Stamps, which you can get from their website.

I'm entering this card in these challenges:

Simon Says Wednesday, Birthday
Word Art Wednesday #126, Anything Goes
Sister Act 51, Anything Goes
Pixie's Crafty Workshop 119, Anything with a snippet

6 comments:

  1. Terrific paper piecing here. Cute image too.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely paper pieced card. It looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute design and awesome lay-out. We are so blessed that you joined us at our Word Art Wednesday Challenge this week. Hope you join us again shortly in our new Challenge. Leaving you with God's Word in Psalm 29:11, "The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace."

    Hugs always,

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy! Welcome to the Snippets Playground. I totally adore this card, such a cute pup too! I'm a huge fan of paper piecing and love how you tied it all together with the same paper in the background.

    Hope you come back and play with us regularly :)

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Sandy, wonderful use of snippets too. Love that image Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this over at the snippets playground. He is too cute! I love unexpected patterns on things for paper piecing. It gives a touch of whimsey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts