Sunday, May 18, 2014

Something out of nothing

Even though I've known my son was graduating from high school, I don't have any graduation themed stamps. I ended up pulling this together from a half-used pack of graduation stickers and one piece of double-sided graduation themed paper.  I think I get an decent grade for effort, anyway.

I made this card at a stamping get-together, and I am horrible at packing for these things. I always forget something important -- this time it was an acrylic block. Unfortunately, no one else had brought one either, so I used the lid of an ink pad as my block, and I didn't get the world's best image transfer.

After stamping the owl (from Hero Arts), I fussy cut the mortarboard to go on his head.  The bit of paper left after cutting the mat had a border of motarborads on it, so I cut a few more out to go with the "hats off" theme of the sentiment, which is a sticker.

His school colors are blue and white, so I added blue ribbon and blue matting to the card as well.


I'm entering this card in these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday -- M is for (mortarboard)
Ribbon Carousel #91 -- Party time
Word Art Wednesday #132 -- anything goes


2 comments:

  1. yes you get a good grade. It is amazing what we can accomplish with what is at hand. Thank you for dropping in to visit us at Word Art Wednesday today with this beautiful art. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is awesome! Love the beautiful background patterned paper you used. The owl image is cool. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts