Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Watercolor wash

I have really liked some of the watercolor effects I've seen on various cards, so I wanted to try one for myself.
This card was inspired by the photo for The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired photo challenge #52.  I white embossed the largest doily from TAWS Delicate Doilies set on watercolor paper, then made a wash from re-inker (Ranger Stream), and washed over the image with a brush. I used a paper towel to soak up a little of the ink and help get variegations in the color.

The sentiment is stamped in Stream in its regular strength.  Scattered sequins seemed the perfect embellishment.

The card is for these challenges:

TAWS BE Inspired #52, inspiration
Paper Take Weekly, pretty pastels
Word Art Wednesday #131, anything goes
Sister Act #56, anything goes

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card - great technique.
    Thanks for playing along at PTW this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts