Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Simple summer card

I tried a technique from the most recent Technique Junkies newsletter, doing an ombre (dark to light) watercolor background, then creating splatters on it. The reinker used for the watercolor is from Ranger, and it is called Stream. I used that as a background for this lovely shell stamp from Impression-Obsession, which is black-embossed onto the background. Summer makes me think of shells and the beach. I was going for a clean and simple look, so I used ribbon tabs as a discrete embellishment.

I am entering the card in these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday, Mid-summer's challenge
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday, Emboss it
The Ribbon Girl July Colour challenge, turquoise
Word Art Wednesday #142, Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. It is a super blue background for the seashell. You are a welcome guest and we thank you for sharing this amazing art. Such creativity inspires.
    Blessings, Carole
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. I love blue and black together, very striking.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty! Your border looks lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with the Emboss it! Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this color. Stunning! Thanks for sharing with us, and please stop by again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts