Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Summer on the water

What better place to spend a hot day than on the water?  That's what this card is all about.  As you can see, I had a hard time photographing the embossing on this -- of about 20 attempts, this had the least irritating shine on it.
This card features a watercolor wash in sort of ombre -- dark at the bottom, getting gradually lighter toward the top -- and a bunch of splatters.  I used reinker in a Ranger color called stream.  The sentiment says Daydreams.  I'm so proud of myself for having thought of that.  The stamp comes from a bunch of one-worders like that (Believe, Inspire, etc -- I think they are from Another Stamp Company, which may not be around anymore), and I don't believe I have ever used Daydreams before, but wouldn't you like to be out on a lake daydreaming the day away? The man in canoe image is from Victorine Originals.
This card fits the bill for a number of challenges, so here goes:

Clear it Out -- Embossing
Simon Says Wednesday -- Summer
Pixie's Snippet Playground #137 -- watercolor paper and the matting are both snippets
PaperTake Weekly Challenge -- spots and dots (spots on the watercolor wash, dots on the ribbon)
Word Art Wednesday #145 -- anything goes
Sister Act #69 -- Anything Goes.


15 comments:

  1. Excellent choice of sentiment to go with the peaceful image on the card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Sandy! such a serene card, fabulous blues! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely, Sandy. I'm so grateful to have you share with us, and I really hope you will play along with us again soon.
    Since you're entered in our challenge already, IF you're interested, you can use the link below Heather's sample card to leave a comment on her blog to be eligible to win the new movie God's Not Dead. Thanks for joining us and have a blessed week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card with fabulous embossing hun and thanks for sharing at Clear it Out hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Let me know if you want your card in the Monday post and I'll send you a link to it after it goes live. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
    Thanks
    Cindy from cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out Challnge, best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, this really caught my eye.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really a lovely work of art.
    We are always so happy when you take time to post with us.
    God Bless you,
    Carole, Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful silhouette card, Sandy. Love your watercolor wash. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Sister Act. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great silhouette card. This is my DH's idea of a perfect day...a boat instead of a canoe...but peaceful bliss ont he water all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful Sandy! Really effective too.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this stamped image and the lovely card you have made with it. The blue background looks great and the sentiment is perfect.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you can guarantee no mosquitoes I would totally love the lying around the lake daydreaming.... or even daydreaming about the lake. Great soothing card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts