Thursday, July 2, 2015

Tomato time

You know when you're a kid and adults say the best thing about summer is tomatoes, and you think they are crazy? Nope, they are completely right. Last year deer ate all my tomato plants -- I got about 3 ripe tomatoes before they realized I was growing them, and that was my entire harvest.  This year we put up temporary fencing, and then I bought some unusual heirloom tomato seedlings from the Master Gardeners sale. So far, I have tomatoes on the vine waiting to ripen and no deer attacks.

I guess that's a really long explanation of why I put tomatoes on a summer-themed card, isn't it?

The image is from Impression-Obsession, colored with pencils.  The sentiment is from Purple Onion.  Under the main panel, I white-embossed  a couple of antique seed packet images, just to put a little interest back there.

I'm entering these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday -- Summer
Crafty Sentiments -- Summer
CRAFT #318 -- embossing
Word Art Wednesday #190 -- anything goes

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sandy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet GDTx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card and great summery image. I love how you have colored it. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts