Thursday, March 2, 2017

Alice in Wonderland

I made a fun card based on Alice in Wonderland, featuring the Herald Rabbit. I found a copyright-free image and printed it out, then added some color with pencils. The image was die-cut in a circle with  an out-of-the-box cut on the rabbit's ears. The circle is edged in silver ink and matted on a really pretty scalloped circle die-cut I got as an RAK.
There are three different papers (the one that looks plain red has a subtle pattern). The one with the smaller print has a scalloped edge.
The embellies are from a bag I keep of random items that don't fit into categories I have embellies organized by, although I guess these two could be called charms -- an acrylic heart and a silver circle. To finish it off, there's twine hanging down, with tiny hearts on the ends.

This card is for these challenges:
Die Cut Divas -- For the love of animals
The Paper Shelter #283 -- animals magic
Crafty Sentiments -- anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #272 -- anything goes
 

9 comments:

  1. Love this card!! The added red to the image really makes it pop! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
    Marilyn DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and the scalloped frame showcases the image so well. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the minimal colors on the rabbit, perfect. Love the card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card.Thanks for joining in the Paper Shelter Challenge this time. We hope to see you again soon.

    Hugs, Julie P
    The Paper Shelter DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cool card. The Alice in Wonderland characters are so fun. I like all the embellishments you've added in along with the patterns (go 3DP!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cool card..great image and the red makes it pop!
    TFS,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun!! I love how you colored it. Thank you for joining in our March challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant imaginative card.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it. But I do have a fondness for Alice themed stuff.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge. I'm a bit late popping round everyone's blog this month... but at least it is still March!
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine (DT) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts