Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Spring fever

The weather has been see-sawing between really springlike and somewhat dreary for weeks. (Guess what weather comes on the weekends?).  I'm ready for all spring, how about you?
This card uses the current Mojo Monday sketch, and a doily just seems like a lovely girly element for the large half-circle. The image panel uses a tulip from Taylored Expressions, colored in pencils, with a pireced edge and a tiny green shadow to help make it stand out. I've been digging around my stash of "what am I going to do with this?" embellies and chose this little acrylic bubble sentiment.  Underneath it, there's a bit of seam binding, which I wet and scrunched (not really thrilled with the results).

This card is for these challenges:
Mojo Monday #487
Double D Challenge -- Think spring
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- for a special girl
Word Art Wednesday#272 -- anything goes/featuring Taylored Expressions.
The Ribbon Girl -- March Card Challenge
Stamplorations -- March Theme, Stamps and Spring

5 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful, Sandy. I love the Taylored Expressions tulip. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us, and for using sponsor product. I hope you have a blessed week, and that you will join us again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and very springlike! I hear you on the weather. We get the dreary cold stuff on the weekends and the spry and happy stuff when I'm trapped in a cement box at work. At least they fixed the a/c at work and it isn't in the 60s all day inside now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very pretty and love that yellow tulip! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Think Spring’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful with that one single tulip! Thanks so much for playing along at Double D Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you about the weather but your card is a little breath of spring.
    Thanks for joining in at SATMPlorations. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts