Friday, January 12, 2018

Snow and one layer



Of all the snowman images I have, I think I like this little From the Heart guy the best. He's colored with pencils and, as always, I used Wink of Stella to make the snow sparkle. That Polaroid frame comes from a packet of random stuff I picked up at a yard sale. I think it makes a fun accent to the card.
This card is for these challenges:
CRAFT #450 -- Christmas
Pattie's Creations #142 -- Fun in the snow


Mrs. A asked us to make a one-layer card for the current Butterfly Challenge. I very rarely do one-layer cards, but I was feeling up for the challenge. I created the colored strip by masking and sponging on various pink inks, then stamping over it with a background stamp. The butterfly stamp is from an SU set up picked up at a consignment sale, and it's a NBUS. I restamped it about six times and still didn't get the solid image I wanted, so I'm not sure if there is something wrong with the stamp or if I just haven't figured out the stamping platform yet.

This card is for
Butterfly Challenge 92 -- one layer, ultra pink
Word Art Wednesday 316 -- anything goes
Catch the Bug -- anything goes

11 comments:

  1. I think you did a very nice card for the One Layer Challenge I also like the strip in the center of your card....well done and thanks for doing the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 367 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love your image and it goes perfect with our current challenge at Patties Creations Design Challenge. Thanks for joining us…
    Pattie
    Artist and Creator

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful one layer card indeedy. I love the patterned strip across the middle. It may be the ink your using with the stamp or have you tried using in a Misti stamp positioner if you have one. Personally I think the butterfly stamp has stamped ok and it looks great here on your card. Thank You for fluttering into the garden for this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work ...
    Thank you so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week.
    Hugs, Tina – Guest DT
    CRAFT Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Cute Cute cards today!!
    Thanks so much for playin' along with the Catch The Bug/Bugaboo Stamps Anything Goes challenge! We hope you'll join us this week for our 8th Birthday Bash Celebration - complete with a week long celebration AND LOTS of PRIZES!!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    Min - Bugaboo Stamps Asst DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous fun card and thanks for sharing at craft challenge this week good luck and hope to see you back very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards, Sandy! The snowman is very cute, and I think the butterfly looks great! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that sweet little snowman - thanks for playing along at the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really cute snowman and I love your card layout too.

    Thanks for joining us at Patties Creations Design Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts